Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Basham opinion poll

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Basham opinion poll

    This isn't if you're in favor of consolidation or not, just your opinion of the idea he presented.


    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member phs_basketball's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    338
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post deleted by R0cketer

    -You have to expect things of yourself before You can do them- Michael Jordan

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Basham opinion poll

    I think thats cause even people who realize a change is needed think that his suggestion is pure crap [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member phs_basketball's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    338
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post deleted by R0cketer

    -You have to expect things of yourself before You can do them- Michael Jordan

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_SuperX's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2004
    Posts
    967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Basham opinion poll

    let me be honest here, basham is a prick.. he says something, and does something different, for example that survey, what came out of it? a lawsuit that he's gonna lose in...
    appalachia will be a ghost town if that HS is gone..

    keep the schools the way they are and get the hell outta office basham

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Dukefan3's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2004
    Posts
    249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Basham opinion poll

    He said that survey had nothing to do with consolidation, but here we are.
    [img]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/9434/paplebon2xs4.th.png[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member vikescoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2004
    Posts
    841
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Basham opinion poll

    Wow, I probably shouldn't get into this on here, but the facts need to be said. IMO, consolidation is a necessary action that needs to happen in our county. I also think that having three new schools is a great idea. I disagree with the way that it was brought forth. There must be more planning and actions taken to ensure success of the consolidation. Diving right in is not the answer.

    And for all those people who want to rip me for my opinion, got ahead. Just remember one thing, clean water that sits too long becomes stagnant. Our school system as it is now is pretty excellent, but it is quickly becoming stagnant. More classes are needed, more opportunities are needed for our children. As a graduate of a school from Wise County and a teacher here also, I think that we are selling our students short by not supporting this needed action. I could've taken three more classes my Senior year if there would've been something more to offer that I had not taken. I also feel that I was not totally prepared to enter college right after high school. Academically I felt great, but I felt out of place with so many students and the structure of things, etc. We need to get our high school students ready for the real world and college, or what ever path they choose. The more diverse school population, the more offerings that can be included, there are so many reasons that this needs to be considered. Go to Walmart and buy the book, "Who Moved My Cheese?", a book on change and how to accept it and run with it instead of hiding from it. Change is not all bad, as I think that many of you may see if you take off the blinders!
    "One must strive for perfection to achieve excellence." Don Shula

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Jack_N_The_Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2004
    Posts
    470
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Basham opinion poll

    very nice post....i totally agree with you

  9. #9
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Basham opinion poll

    Are the citizens of Wise County blaming Dr. Basham for all the troubles of Wise County Public Schools? Maybe so. Just think about it. I would have to agree with Vikescoach on this one. Consolidation is needed, but the only issue I had with his proposed plan was the urgency of doing it before next school year. It takes more planning that that. Now, in light of the new press release, will that mean that the high schools will be left alone and not looked at again for 3 or 4 more years. I would hope not. Kelly High School is in bad shape physically as I would imagine so is Pound High School. Powell Valley and Appalachia are in fair shape, but need some work done. I also take issue with the folks who say, "they are hurting the kids with all this consolidation talk." The folks who are hurting the most are the ones who can't accept change. Just look at the current state of affairs. Appy is a good school. There are some fine folks there. However, there is nothing left in Appy. Very few merchants anymore and the town is struggling. What is going to happen? I don't know, but change is in order. Sometimes I think we are in the condition we are in because folks would either not propose change nor accept it.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Michael_Myers's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 26th, 2004
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Basham opinion poll

    I just think it is a stupid idea because if we combine there will be a mess and too many fights

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •